Friday, February 26, 2010

Dance-My PassIon

There are hardly things which i'd love to do anytime and anywhere.. and one such thing is "DaNCinG"--that makes it obvious to call it "My PassIOn"..I tag myself to be "De Best"(maybe self obsessiveness!) as i am sure there wud be noone who could be like me!I aint not blowing my own trumpets but then jus love the way i do it!
Way down the memory lane..I had noone to tell me i could dance..noone knew it either..It was something that had fascinated me right from childhood..Recently, i had watched the video tape of my relative's wedding..i was surprised to know i had been dancing from 1st grade..i had been dancing with my cousin like crazy..holding his hands..asking him to twirl me around..going around him and what not and he wud stand disinterested!i did not stop either kept jumping throughout..infact, the second part of their wedding tape had "me" focused while dancing..I was thrilled to have watched that and even more to know i had been dragging that guy to dance along ;P..There were times when mike and myself were mosta at home all alone..i still remember how i was used to wearing mom's bangles..that wud be really big and would reach my arms wen i wear them..with a cloth knotted on my hair(kashmiri style ;P) and a long skirt..and not to forget the make-up with jus "powder" and lip stick all over my face rite from the eyes to the lips ;)and would go on the whole day with those girlie steps till it bores me!thanks to those filmy songs which had inspired me to add on to my passion..
It was in the 7th grade that i had performed for the first time for the "Children's Day" competitions..Mrs.Paul(class teacher) had sent us to a senior for the practise sessions..an my first performance was "Chudi jo blah blah - by Falguni Pathak"..Many people had appreciated me for the way i did it.. and it all started from then..
Later had neva missed any of the dance performances at skul..Right from performing at Rajarathinam stadium in grade 7 to the children's day competition at 12th grade..Of course i had my gang who could dance real-well..none of us were into professional dancing yet we were used to makin people say "Once More" everytime we performed..I would tag my gurus to be "Priya" and "Divya"..These gals are awesome..They can dance to any tune they get to hear! I admire "Maria" for her bharath natiyam..she's very elegant and feminine when she performs..and many more to add in the list..
The best of dancing moments at skul would be when my team won the first place in 9th grade for my choreography against priya's team..Lol..it didnt deserve to be better than her dance though ;) but still we won..we had danced for "Bumbro-Mission Kashmir"
and i still wonder how it clicked!!
The next wud be for one of those national days..not sure on whether it was "Republic " or "Independence day".. we learnt a sequence within half a day's time!which was not too easy and was really great..we were lauded for our performance
Then there was "Althota bhupathi" which we had performed for 7 times on Demand!!It was in 11th grade..when we had hosted the Children;s Day Competition..I jus loved the way we danced..thanks to the choreographers(Divya & Priya)..
The most memorable moment at skul was the 12th grade competition- we had performed the western dance along with the adapt tune..OMG..Thanks to Chitra(priya's sis) who had trained us so well..we had fun learnin and even more to win over the other section who had danced for the same song..We won the first place and it was because of our adaptune..wow..i jus wish i could get back those moments..!! Miss you gals and the times we had spent dancing!!!
I neva had a thought that i wud continue dancing in college..and of course i did because of my close ones..I had been to the first professional dancing skul-"DEIV'S SKUL OF DANZ" and was proud to be a part of the first eva "dance team" for Crescent Engineering College..It was difficult to get into professional dancing style..I felt like a loser..but the passion i had neva let me lose hope..there were circumstances for which i could not continue with the team..However, i am happy for the way ive learned and improved my style..
So did my passion end at college?? not et all..I had performed for my IBU at Infosys for the intra IBU competition which was yet another different experience,dancing with new people..but i loved the team..they were really sweeth!!
Writing this blog did not jus prove how much i loved dancing even more it had taken me through my journey in DANCE all these years..There's nothing more to add on..I LOVE DANCING!!

4 comments:

  1. nice one ! i rem=ember ur dance at Orion ! nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Post ! Everyone has got a talent by birth, not everyone discovers it ! you've done ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applauds.. Once again a beautiful post for a wonderful topic..
    I miss dance so much. But reading this, jus made me recollect the amount of fun we used to spend and the dance comp's we did...
    The Independence day dance was too gud.. Hope u remember the chocolates nd food had at the Alumini meet v performed. ;)

    ReplyDelete

PpL who SpenD tiMe on My Blog!

IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community